S M L / N J
1 1 0 . 5 0 N E W S
October 28, 2004
This working version is believed to be stable, but
we have not run our full regression-test suite.
This release fixes important bugs and provides some additional
- Added specialized implementation of Int31.fromString.
- Fixed bugs in x86/c-calls related to passing
structs as arguments or results.
- Fixed bug in x86 assembly syntax (FU?COMIP?).
- Minor enhancements to interfaces exported from the
- Added libraries $smlnj-tdp/plugins.cm,
$smlnj-tdp/coverage.cm. This moves back-trace support
out of the main compiler and into a library of
- The test-coverage plugin is new.
- Added flags -e and -E which print the
names of environment variables that can be used to control
- Added support for tracing, debugging, and profiling (using
stuff from $smlnj-tdp/plugins.cm) for stand-alone
programs. (Stand-alone programs are those constructed using
- Applied patch for setting rounding modes under Mac OS X.
- PPC backend now silent (by default) even when it uses the "long
form of branch"
- Made the former backtrace-instrumentation pass more generic.
- Some internal cleanup (consolidation of duplicated
- Compilation Manager:
- Direct support for lazy sml (keyword lazy) via new
toolclass lazysml and filename suffix
- Support for selectively setting arbitrary control flags on
a per-sourcefile basis.
- Fixed handling of CM keywords, thereby eliminating a bug
with the shell tool.
- CM now issues an obsolete feature warning when group files
use the old owner syntax.
- Bootstrap compiler:
- Adde a version tool and some CM magic to have the
file version.sml be auto-generated during
- Moved version.sml (and above-mentioned magic) into its own