S M L / N J
1 1 0 . 4 9 N E W S
September 13, 2004
This working version is believed to be stable, but
we have not run our full regression-test suite.
This is a bugfix release. Its main purpose is to solve a another
showstopper problem introduced into the x86 c-calls
implementation which is used by NLFFI. It also fixes a problem
with the signal masking/unmasking code.
- Fixed the signal masking code to properly nest mask/unmask
operations on a per-signal basis.
- fixed problem in x86/c-calls that caused NLFFI to generate
- bug fix in udgraph.sml
- The IBM/MacOS syntax switch on PPC was incorrectly
- heap image magic number updated
(causes a graceful exit rather than a crash when an outdated
heap image is being loaded)
- Cygwin support
- added some exports to src/compiler/core.cm
- added a ptreql functon to structure InlineT
(exported from $smlnj/init/init.cmi)
- falls back to copying when renaming of files fails
(usually this happens when source and destination are in different